N-sight RMM Overview
N-sight Remote Monitoring and Management (N-sight RMM) provides real-time monitoring and management of devices. It supports network devices such as printers, routers, and firewalls, and it supports the following operating systems:
N-sight RMM Dashboard
One main dashboard of N-sight RMM is the N-sight RMM Dashboard where you can monitor and manage your Clients and Sites, their devices, and device details.
Using the N-sight RMM Dashboard, you can monitor device health information such as:
- Online status
- Check results
- Task completion
- Memory and performance statistics
- Hardware details and installed software
- Antivirus and Patch status
Using the N-sight RMM Dashboard, you can manage devices by:
- Responding to alerts
- Backing up important files and folders
- Managing critical patches
- Running Automated Tasks
- Remotely accessing devices
- Supporting users with in-application communication and troubleshooting options
The Asset Inventory enables you to view, filter, search, and export asset data for servers and workstations.
- Filter the Asset Inventory by columns or use the more detailed Filter Builder options.
- Search for a specific device using the search box or use the column searches to find groups of devices.
- Choose the columns to display, drag and drop columns to move, and fix columns to the right or left.
The last filters and settings you use in Asset Inventory are present the next time you open it, and you can select Clear in the top right to reset to the default Asset Inventory view.
From the Asset Inventory, you can perform the following tasks:
|Build complex filters for Asset Inventory||View customized device views in the North-pane|
|Export Asset Inventory to Excel||Add a Device|
For more information, see Asset Inventory.
The N-sight RMM Monitoring Agent, often referred to as the Agent, is deployed on a device to add it to N-sight RMM. The Agent software communicates device status to N-sight RMM and performs actions such as running checks and tasks, and managing features. For example, the Agent communicates:
- Device details
- Hardware and software assets
- Check results
- Scheduled Automated Tasks
The type of Agent installed on a device depends on its operating system. There is an agent available for Windows, macOS and Linux devices. In this online help, we call those Agents the Windows Agent, the Mac Agent, and the Linux Agent.
There are different methods of Agent Deployment so you can use the method that best meets your needs. You can also use Device Management for Apple to enroll and configure Apple devices for monitoring and management.
To optimize installation time and ensure Check and Automated Task consistency across devices, we recommend you use Monitoring Templates.
We provide two version types of the Agent in case you want to use a newer Agent release before it is generally available:
- General Availability (GA) — The latest production Agent release
- Release Candidate (RC) — Release Candidate Agents undergo extensive testing before you can download them, but if you choose to download an RC Agent, it could include minor bugs
We support the latest two generally available (GA) Agents — the current release and the previous release.
RMM Scripts / Automation
In addition to our system scripts, N-sight RMM supports custom scripts in all major scripting languages. You can use the Automation Cookbook and Script Manager to download and apply pre-configured checks and tasks to automate device management. You can apply your custom scripts as Script Checks and Automated Tasks.
You can also create policies using Automation Manager, an application that does not require scripting knowledge, to create and test your own custom scripts before deploying to Windows devices.
- Remote Background Management
- Integrated Take Control
- Managed Antivirus
- Web Protection
- Patch Management
For a list of N-sight RMM features and functions, see Feature and function descriptions.
N-sight RMM integrates with Take Control and MSP Manager to provide comprehensive device management. N-sight RMM also integrates with the Subscription Management Portal portal and security products such as Passportal and a supported version of Endpoint Detection & Response (EDRi). N-sight RMM uses a Data Extraction API to pull data from the system for these, and other, integrations.
For a list of third-party integrations, see API, PSA and Integrations.