Add a device
To quickly add a device to the N-sight RMM Dashboard, you can use Add Device to create a one-click Remote Worker installer package for a target Client and Site. When the installer package runs on a device, it adds the device to the target Client and Site on the N-sight RMM Dashboard.
For example, end users could run the install package on their devices, or a script could run it on many devices, to add devices to the N-sight RMM Dashboard.
To add a device by creating a Remote Worker installer package:
You must have a user role with Site Installation Package permission.
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Agent > Add Device
The Add a Device wizard displays.
- Select the target Client and Site
- Select the Device OS for the installer package
- For the Windows OS option, you can select Network uses Proxy Server and enter the Address, Port, Username, and Password (optional)
- Click Next
After the installer package .zip file downloads, you can copy it and run it on as many devices as required.
For more information about the Remote Worker installation package and deploying the Agent, see:
- Remote Worker Agent Installation for Windows
- Site Installation Package—Mac Agent
- Site Installation Package — Linux Agent
- Click Finish to return to the N-sight RMM Dashboard
To avoid authentication issues, if the username or password used to create the Site Installation Package changes, we recommend you generate and use a new package based on the updated credentials.