Devices are the systems, or items, that you monitor and maintain for your customer to ensure their business goals are met.
There are three types of devices in N-able N-central:
- Network device – such as a workstation, laptop, server, router/switch, printer, scanner, or a storage device.
- Mobile device – such as a smartphone or tablet.
- Cloud service device – either an Office 365 resource or another SaaS offering.
For each device, you can view and maintain the device integrity, and manage functions such as patch management, anti-virus, backups and disk encryption. Availability of features depends on the type of device and features your customer has requested.
What do you want to do?
- Add a mobile device
- Add a network device
- Add a SaaS device
- Learn about the available device details
- Add a note to a device
- Apply service templates to a device
- Configure the type of network address used on device discovery
- Create a downtime maintenance window
- Create a reboot maintenance window
- Create a scheduled maintenance window
- Delete a device
- Learn about Direct Device Support
- Generate device reports
- Globally change all device network addresses format
- Learn about scheduled maintenance windows
- Locate inactive computers
- Move devices between customers and sites
- Re-apply a service template to a device
- Reboot a device
- Remove a service template association for a device
- Reset the System Change service baseline for a device
- Review patches installed on a device
- See the device's components on the Device Details screen
- Learn how SNMP is used to monitor devices
- Update device asset data
- Update monitoring software on a device
- View component associations for a device