Security Manager AV AV Defender anti-virus malware virus security scan antivirus
Security Manager | AV Defender provides an all-in-one solution to protect customer devices and networks. N-able N-central uses Bitdefender, an award-winning security software that provides quality security and up-to-date virus signatures to ensure that devices are safe from Internet threats. N-able N-central provides network protection features including:
- Anti-Malware – detects and blocks malware threats before they can inflict damage to devices. AV Defender makes a distinction between an "infected file" and a "suspected file" based on the confidence that it has detected a security threat.
- Behavioral Analysis – examines the behavior of a file and determines whether the file may be a threat.
- Network traffic scans – provides data protection for email and user web browsing in real time, and scans various types of network traffic for potential security threats.
- Content Control – provides a way to restrict what users can access and send over the Internet.
- Anti-Phishing – prevents attempts to obtain sensitive information such as credit card numbers or account information from a bank for malicious reasons.
- Firewall – controls access to network resources, network services, and the Internet by specified applications.
Using security profiles, you can configure tailored security settings to best suit your customer's needs.
Security Manager | AV Defender also lets you provide disk encryption using Bitdefender's management of BitLocker, available through a separately licensed module.
For the full story, see the Security Manager architecture.
Ensure you have the latest version of the N-able N-central agent installed on devices to be able to use the full AV Defender feature set. For more information, see Upgrading agents and probes.
What do you want to do?
- Review the Security Manager Deployment Checklist
- Upgrade Agents and Probes
- Upgrade AV Defender
- Upgrade AV Defender on a device
- Configure Global Exclusions
- Configure an Update Server
- Install Security Manager
- Add a Security Profile
- Install Disk Encryption Manager
- Run a post-installation Scan
- Run a full scan scheduled task
- Run a custom scan scheduled task
- Migrate to Security Manager
- View Security events
- Work with quarantine files
- Report undetected viruses
- Change the AV Defender status threshold for all customers
- Review AV Defender Results
- Disable AV Defender pop-ups
- Configure devices to only allow access to some Internet sites
- Add a firewall rule to allow network printing
- Block Facebook access
- Uninstall AV Defender from a client