You can set up AV Defender so that devices are blocked from accessing the Internet, except to selected sites. To do this, create a Security Manager profile. In the Content Control module of Security Manager, you can select the Block All Internet Access option and add the selected sites that the user can access to the allow list.
Creating a profile for this will remove the ability to update the N-able N-central software as well as the AV Defender software automatically from your N-able N-central server. You need to update this software manually after implementing this profile.
- Click Configuration > Security Manager > Profiles.
- Click Add > Add Windows Laptops/Workstations Profile.
- Enter a Name and Description for the profile.
- In the Security Module Settings area, for Content Control, click View Settings.
- In the Enable Components area, click the check box for Internet Control. The Internet Control option becomes available.
- Click Internet Control.
- Click the Control Internet Access drop-down menu and select Block All Internet Access.
- Scroll down to the Website Unblocked/Blocked section and click Use Exceptions.
- Click Add.
- In the Web Address field, enter the site you want the user to have access to, and click Allow from the Permission drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- Click Save to save the profile changes.
With the profile created, install Security Manager on the devices and select the new profile.