Before you deploy Security Manager, make sure that all devices have the latest N-able N-central agents and probes. For the Security Manager solution to work properly, the agents and probes installed on your devices must be the same version as N-able N-central.
Upgrade an agent
- Click Views > All Devices and select the devices that need an agent upgrade.
- Click Update Monitoring Software.
- In the Upgrade Agent drop-down menu, select Now.
- Check the Upgrade AV Defender Product Now check box only if you're installing Security Manager on a single device.
- Click Save. N-able N-central begins the upgrade of the agent.
- To confirm the agent upgrade status, click Views > Devices and look for the version number in Agent Version column.
Upgrade a probe
- Click Administration > Probes.
- Select the devices that need a probe update.
- Click Upgrade > Now .
- Click OK.
N-able N-central begins the upgrade of the probe. After you upgrade the agents and probes, you can configure Global Exclusions.