Scheduled maintenance windows
Maintenance windows are programmed periods of time where devices with agents installed can be configured to automatically complete tasks for a number of N-able N-central features to a defined schedule.
Maintenance windows enable you to:
- Schedule Security Manager installations, updates, and upgrades on a per-device or per-rule basis.
- Schedule Patch Management windows to download and install updates.
- Schedule when the re-starting of devices can occur on a per-product basis.
- Add maintenance windows through bulk tasks on a per-device basis, or through rules.
Configuring a Maintenance Window to Install Security Manager will immediately download the installation software. This will occur even if the installation itself is not scheduled to take place until some time in the future. The immediate download of the installation software may cause unexpected resource demands.
There are three types of maintenance windows:
- Scheduled Maintenance windows determine when the device will initiate selected actions for specific features.
- Scheduled Reboot windows determine when the device will re-start according to the configured schedule.
- Downtime windows where a device is scheduled to be offline for maintenance and it will not affect service reporting.
For Scheduled Reboot windows, re-starting the device will only be allowed to occur during the specified schedule.
What do you want to do?
- Configure a scheduled maintenance window
- Configure a reboot maintenance window
- Configure a downtime maintenance window