The N-able N-central default settings that dictate the overall workings of N-able N-central while managing customers and devices. You can change some configurations at the customer or device level as needed. The N-able N-central defaults enable you to define what normally occurs when using the software.
The availability of the features described here will change depending on the account you use to sign in and if N-able is hosting N-able N-central for you or if you are hosting your own N-able N-central server.
What do you want to do?
- Configure the default behavior of probes and agents
- Configure network security options
- Configure SNMP profile settings for devices
- Configure the default backup settings for devices
- Configure the default backup share accessed by Backup Manager
- Set the system email used to automatically generate and send emails for scheduled reports, discoveries, and notifications
- Configure device data retention defaults
- Configure discovered device name settings
- Configure the defaults when discovering and importing devices
- Configure the network share that can be accessed by scheduled Tasks
- Configure the reboot message sent to users
- Configure default email notification templates
- Configure Remote Control default properties
- Set the Remote Control log level and maintenance time
- Configure the availability of online and scheduled reports
- Configure two-factor authentication as the default login
- Reapplying Service Templates when device assets change
- Configure the default session timeout
- Update and distribute Backup Manager software
- Configure default settings for your user accounts
- Configure the default expiry dates when N-able N-central monitors warranties on devices