Service template defaults
N-able N-central enables you to automatically reapply service templates globally to devices when the device properties change or new devices are discovered. This ensures that all services across all customers is up-to-date and consistent across networks.
Reapplication of service templates to devices will be performed when:
- there are changes in the assets of a device that trigger the System Change service,
- the SNMP option is enabled or disabled,
- the Local Agent option is disabled, or
- the agent on a device checks in for the first time.
- Click Administration > Defaults > Service Templates.
- Click to enable Force re-application of service templates after asset discovery.
- Click to enable Monitor Windows Services only when startup type is Automatic. Windows services that are of the Manual startup type will not be monitored if this check box is selected.
- Click Propagate to distribute the default properties to existing devices. Otherwise, the changes you make will only apply to new devices. This option is not available at the Customer level.
- Click Save.
After asset discovery, N-able N-central globally re-applies service templates to devices after asset discovery even if no changes are detected.
N-able N-central globally re-applies service templates to devices after asset discovery even if no changes are detected.