Remote control defaults enable you to configure default connection properties for remote connections to different device classes. Configuring the default remote control properties provides consistency for remote connections and reduces the need to manually edit connection properties on an individual basis.
Direct Connect is the default remote control connection type for Laptop - Windows, Server - Windows, and Workstation - Windows devices when N-able N-central is first installed or when devices are first discovered.
- Click Administration > Defaults > Remote Control Defaults.
- Select the Device Class to configure.
- Select Allow Remote Control.
- Select the Default Connection Type from the drop-down list box and configure the connection information.
- Click Propagate these changes... to distribute the default properties to existing devices. Otherwise, the changes you make will only apply to new devices.
- Click Save.
The remote control properties are applied to new devices that are added to N-able N-central. If you selected the Propagate option, the changes are applied to the devices currently managed by N-able N-central.