Take Control, formerly MSP Connect, is a remote management tool that enables you to troubleshoot and resolve your customer's issues without remotely controlling a user's workstation and interrupting them. Take Control connects directly into the device, enabling you to easily see what is going on with the device and make the necessary changes, completely transparent to the end user.
Take Control is available on N-able N-central servers with a Professional license.
Take Control includes:
- remote control of Mac OS devices,
- terminal services support,
- session report included in audit trail,
- detailed system information, including Windows event log (Professional nodes only).
Take Control is available for devices running:
- Windows 7 and later,
- Windows server 2012 and later,
- Mac OS X 10.10 and later.
Take Control allows access from Windows to Windows, Mac to Mac, Windows to Mac, and from Mac to Windows.
You can also use the N-able N-central for Android app for Take Control remote sessions. This app is available through Google Play.
What do you want to do?
- Install the Take Control viewer
- Configure connection settings on a device
- Configure Take Control settings for multiple devices
- Launch the Take Control viewer
- Uninstall the Take Control
- View device information
- Adjust performance settings
- Chat with remote users
- Transfer files
- Record a session
- Restart and shutdown remote devices
- Run a local batch script
- Run tasks within the Viewer shell
- View the log files on Windows and Mac platforms
- View the Audit Trail
- Lock the Windows session after disconnecting
- Set up the required ports that N-able N-central and Take Control need to ensure proper connectivity.