You can restart and shutdown a remote device in the Take Control viewer to complete a service issue. This is useful if the user is not available to perform the task for the technician.
- In N-able N-central, click Views > All Devices.
- Click the link for the device.
- Click Remote Control in the upper-right corner and select Take Control.
- Click Computer > Restart & Shutdown.
- Select the restart or shutdown option and click OK.
If the Remote Control button is yellow, you may still attempt a Take Control session. You can hover over the Remote Control button to view more information about the connection, such as when the last Take Control Heartbeat was detected. If the button is gray, then remote control is disabled for that device.
The remote device restarts. The viewer reconnects when the remote device is ready. After the reboot, you may need to reenter the password.