Run a script and include command line parameters on a device. You can use the standard command prompt to run DOS commands and batch files, or the Powershell to run scripts.
- In N-able N-central, click Views > All Devices.
- Click the link for the device.
- Click Remote Control in the upper-right corner and select Take Control.
- Click the System Shell tab.
- To change the shell, click Shell Type > Windows Powershell.
You cannot have both shells open at the same time and alternate between them.
- Click Run > Run Local Batch.
- Navigate to the script you want to run and click Open to run it.
If the Remote Control button is yellow, you may still attempt a Take Control session. You can hover over the Remote Control button to view more information about the connection, such as when the last Take Control Heartbeat was detected. If the button is gray, then remote control is disabled for that device.
The batch script starts. Click End to start a new shell, break the pending operation without terminating the shell itself, or clear the screen.