When connected to a user's device, you can initiate a chat. Use the chat to confirm information or to ask them to perform a task on their device.
- In N-able N-central, click Views > All Devices.
- Click the link for the device.
- Click Remote Control in the upper-right corner and select Take Control.
- Click the General tab.
- Start typing your message in the Chat area at the bottom of the window.
If the Remote Control button is yellow, you may still attempt a Take Control session. You can hover over the Remote Control button to view more information about the connection, such as when the last Take Control Heartbeat was detected. If the button is gray, then remote control is disabled for that device.
The chat appears in the area above the entry field. The device user will received a notification sound and a Take Control window appears where they can enter their part of the conversation.
Should you need to review the chat after a session, you can access the chat logs.
- On the Device Details page, click the Audit Trail button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the Audit Trail window, click Session Logs: Click here for the session.
- Open the section for the chat click the Plus sign to display the conversation.
If the chat was not used on the session there will not be a Chat section.