You can record Take Control remote control sessions. Recorded sessions help for training purposes or to have a record for a user of what a technician did so the user can repeat the steps if a situation occurs again.
Files are saved in Adobe Flash Video (FLV) format, and stored on the technician's computer.
- In N-able N-central, click Views > All Devices.
- Click the link for the device.
- Click Remote Control in the upper-right corner and select Take Control.
- Click the Video Recording Status icon located in the upper right of the window to start recording the session.
- To stop the session, click Video Recording Status icon again.
If the Remote Control button is yellow, you may still attempt a Take Control session. You can hover over the Remote Control button to view more information about the connection, such as when the last Take Control Heartbeat was detected. If the button is gray, then remote control is disabled for that device.
The user can navigate to their
Documents folder to find a shortcut folder called
N-central MSP Connect session videos to the location of the videos.
The linked location is
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MSP Anywhere for N-central\Viewer\FLV. This path may not be visible to the user.