Configure Web Protection Policies
Web Protection Policies control all aspects of Web Protection including:
- Website allow and block lists
- Categories of websites to allow or block
- Web Protection Schedule (For example, monitor only during office hours.)
- Whether to deploy a Web Bandwidth Check
You can use the three default Web Protection Policies:Laptops, Desktops and Servers, or you can configure your own custom policies. You can also edit the default policies or your custom policies.
We recommend you create Client specific policies because they enable you to create policies that precisely match client requirements, and they can be combined with the Manage Feature Policies for Client Group feature. This feature allows users in the Client Group to manage their assigned policies. Since any changes will affect the devices using that policy, we do not recommend using shared policies with this feature.
Configure custom Web Protection Policies
To configure a new custom Web Protection Policy:
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Settings > Web Protection > Protection Policy
- Select New
The New Policy dialog displays.
- Enter a Policy Name
- Using the Base Policy On drop-down, select the existing policy you want to base this new policy on
- Select the Policy Type for the new policy
- Select Add
The configuration dialog for the new policy opens with each section automatically populated using the settings from the existing policy you selected as the base policy.
- Edit the Policy settings in each of the sections as required
- Select Save
Each Protection Policy includes the following sections where you can configure settings:
|General||Policy, behavior, block message and end user interaction|
|Installation Settings||Agent language and branding settings|
|Web Security||Allow, Block or Schedule access based on website Category|
|Category Filtering||Allow, Block or Schedule access based on website Category|
|Whitelist||Allow specific URLs|
|Blacklist||Block specific URLs|
|Schedule||Specify during which hours website categories are allowed or blocked|
|Checks||Configure the Web Bandwidth Check to monitor website download traffic on the device and fail where this exceeds the entered threshold|
|Reporting||Enter the URLs to exclude from the Web tab|