Create a Monitoring Template—from a blank template
If you do not want to create a Monitoring Template based on an existing device, you can configure a blank template.
Monitoring Templates are added individually. You cannot create multiple Monitoring Templates at the same time.
- Log into the N-sight RMM Dashboard
- Go to Settings > Monitoring Templates > Manage Templates
- Click Add in the View Monitoring Templates dialog
- Choose the device type the template will apply to
- Add Server Monitoring Template
- Add Workstation Monitoring Template
The Add Monitoring Template dialog displays.
- Select Enabled
- Select the 24x7 Frequency
For five or 15-minute monitoring, the Agent synchronizes with the N-sight RMM Dashboard every 30 minutes to upload results, retrieve Automated Task and feature deployment settings.
Every time a Check runs, a comparison is made with its previous result. If a change is detected, it is immediately reported to the N-sight RMM Dashboard(only results are uploaded and a full synchronization is not triggered). If no change is detected, the Check results are uploaded during the next synchronization upload cycle.
- Select the DSC Run Time. Daily Safety Checks run based on the local time of the computer the Agent is installed on.
The Automated Task schedule is configured when adding or editing the Automated Task.
As the Exchange Store Check requires the datastore name, which is unique to each device, it is unavailable for selection in the Monitoring Template.
What do you want to do?
- Create a Monitoring Template—from an existing device
- Clone a Monitoring Template
- Monitoring Template—Automated Tasks setup
- Configure the default alert policy
- Apply Monitoring Templates during Agent Installation
- Windows 24x7 Checks
- Windows: Daily Safety Checks
- Mac: 24x7 Checks
- Mac: Daily Safety Checks
- Automated Tasks
- Manage Automated Tasks