Configure the default alert policy
Use the default alert policy to configure the default alerting behavior for all of your devices for new checks and existing checks.
The following icons are used to represent the alert types:
|Outage Email Alert|
|Recovery Email Alert|
|Outage SMS Alert|
|Recovery SMS Alert|
To configure the default alerting behavior for all new and existing checks:
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Settings > Alerts > Alert Policy
- Click Server Alerts or Workstation Alerts to list all available Checks based on Operating System and frequency
- Enable or disable the Alert type boxes for the Checks to configure the alerting behavior for newly added Checks
When configured, these settings only apply to newly installed devices and Checks.
- To roll these default configurations out to existing devices and Checks, replace their current settings:
- Enable the tickbox under the Update column against the required Check
- Click Apply to change the alerting behavior
- Click OK to save and exit