Clone a monitoring template
If you already created a monitoring template that almost matches your requirements for a new template, you can clone your existing template and make the minor configuration changes as needed.
- Log into the N-sight RMM Dashboard
- Go to Settings > Monitoring Templates > Manage Templates
- Select the target template from the list and click Clone
The template is copied and the Add Monitoring Template dialog displays.
- Enter a Template Name (by default, the name is appended with Clone)
- Select the Operating System the template applies to (Windows, Mac or Linux)
- Select the Active box
- Configure the Check Frequency
- Select Enabled
- Select the 24x7 Frequency
For five or 15-minute monitoring, the Agent synchronizes with the N-sight RMM Dashboard every 30 minutes to upload results, retrieve Automated Task and feature deployment settings.
Every time a Check runs, a comparison is made with its previous result. If a change is detected, it is immediately reported to the N-sight RMM Dashboard(only results are uploaded and a full synchronization is not triggered). If no change is detected, the Check results are uploaded during the next synchronization upload cycle.
- Select the DSC Run Time. Daily Safety Checks run based on the local time of the computer the Agent is installed on.
The Automated Task schedule is configured when adding or editing the Automated Task.
- Configure the Checks and Tasks
- Click OK to save
As the Exchange Store Check requires the datastore name, which is unique to each device, it is unavailable for selection in the monitoring template.
What do you want to do?
- Create a monitoring template—from an existing device
- Create a monitoring template—from a blank template
- Monitoring template—Add automated task
- Configure the default alert policy
- Apply monitoring templates during Agent Installation
- Windows 24x7 Checks
- Windows: Daily Safety Checks
- Mac: 24x7 Checks
- Mac: Daily Safety Checks
- Automated Tasks
- Manage Automated Tasks