Backup & Recovery
Where Backup & Recovery options are not present on your N-sight RMM dashboard, this means you will now need to use Cove.
To start a 30-day free trial of Cove, click the app switcher in the , and select Cove Data Protection (Cove).
Backup & Recovery is a cloud-based backup solution that integrates with the N-sight RMM Dashboard. Backup & Recovery provides you with a substantial add-on revenue opportunity utilizing the proven complementary sales model.
There are two editions of Backup & Recovery:
- Documents edition—Automatically backup essential office files twice per day. No configuration is required.
- Professional edition—Full system backup and configurable settings
The Professional or Documents editions are available for Windows workstations.
The Documents edition is available for Mac workstations running Mac Agent 3.1.0 or later.
Backup & Recovery deployment is flexible and controlled through your Dashboard:
- Enable Backup & Recovery for device types, at specific Clients or Sites or on individual devices. Choose the default backup options for the selection: backup system state, select the files and folders to backup or exclude and the backup schedule.
- Download and launch the Backup Manager from the dashboard to backup network shares, Exchange Information Stores, Oracle database, Microsoft Sharepoint, and SQL Server instances and take application aware VMware (ESX only) snapshots. Backup & Recovery 2014 includes support for Microsoft Hyper-V and MySQL data sources.
- True Delta technology searches for changes at disk block level where, on average, only 0.1 - 0.5% of the protected data set will have changed making it highly effective at maximizing bandwidth and storage capacity. A LocalSpeedVault can provide an on-site copy (at no extra cost).
- Restore (also at disk block level) the last revision or any revision from the last 28-days either online or from the optional LocalSpeedVault via Backup Manager launched from the dashboard.
- With the Backup & Recovery Archiving Service you can specify a backup set for any device’s data source and designate this as a never to be deleted archive. This way you will always have a snapshot of your customer’s data and can recover this from the archive, even if it was deleted weeks ago from the normal backup remediation.
- Daily Safety Check monitors the success of the backups and this is included in Client Reports.
- Three Dedicated Backup & Recovery reports:
- Backup Integrity Report shows the integrity of all monitored backup products at a client
- Backup Restorable Selection Report shows exactly how much data is being stored for each client
- Backup Session History Report contains the information displayed in the Backup tab in an easy to access format
After enabling Backup & Recovery, the Backup Manager is downloaded and installed on each server and workstation inheriting the policy and a Backup Manager quick launch shortcut added to their Desktop. This allows the end-user to adjust their Backup & Recovery configuration as well as restore files from their backup.
To restrict the user's access to this functionality, click Enable Password for the local Backup Manager and enter a password when configuring your policy. This password is then required when opening the Backup Manager locally, but does not affect Backup Manager access from the Dashboard.
Dashboard user access to Backup & Recovery is dependent upon the permissions associated with their role.
Available permissions for Backup & Recovery include access to Settings & Policies (manage policies and enable on a device), Usage (launch the Backup Manager, run and restore backups, view changed and removed files) and View (view backup files on the Backup tab). Additional permissions cover access to the Backup Integrity Report, Session History Report, Restorable Selection Report.
What do you want to do?