As long as a device displays on the N-sight RMM Dashboard and has monitoring and features enabled for it, it is monitored by N-sight RMM regardless of whether the device uploads data to the N-sight RMM Dashboard.
To avoid N-sight RMM reporting on devices that are on the N-sight RMM Dashboard but no longer in use, we recommend you delete those inactive devices from the N-sight RMM Dashboard.
To avoid invoices for devices that are no longer in use, we recommend you delete inactive devices.
When you delete a device from the N-sight RMM Dashboard, the Monitoring Agent is automatically deleted from the device.
N-sight RMM Dashboard deletion or Agent Uninstalls are non-recoverable actions. When you confirm a deletion, all information stored in relation to the Client, Site or Device(s) is instantly removed from the database and the data is unretrievable.
Ensure that you verify the correct item is selected for removal before you enter the password and confirm the deletion.
Agents installed in or converted to Asset Tracking only (no checks or features) are not regarded as monitored.
Delete inactive devices from the N-sight RMM Dashboard
To remove a device, you must be logged in using an account with the General Settings (Devices) permissions enabled. Otherwise the delete option is unavailable.
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard North-pane, go to the Servers, Workstations or Mixed tab
- Select Last Response Over 30 Days from the device filter drop-down above the North-pane
- Sort by the Last Response column to easily see which devices have not recently checked in
- Multi-select the devices for removal (Shift and left-click for a range, Control and left-click for specific devices)
- Right-click one of the selected devices
- Select Delete <device_type > or Delete from Dashboard
If Windows Agent Uninstall Protection is enabled, for Windows devices select Delete <device-type> > Delete from Dashboard.
- Verify the number of devices you are deleting, and if you want to unenroll any of the devices that are enrolled in Device Management for Apple, select Unenroll all selected devices from DMA
- Enter the password you used to sign into N-sight RMM to confirm deletion
- Select OK to apply
Download a CSV of the custom filtered North-pane
You can export the North-pane device details to CSV when viewing a custom or "Last Response Over 30 Days" filter. The download option is grayed out for all other default system device views.
- Select the custom view from the Device filter drop-down above the North-pane in the Dashboard
- When the view is loaded, click the download button to the right of the Device filter drop-down
- This initiates a download of a CSV file containing the filtered devices and their column details (regardless of the columns selected in the Dashboard)
Agent Management options
In addition to the delete option, you can opt to remove a workstation when the Agent is reinstalled as well as configure the number of days of inactivity before a workstation is automatically deleted (minimum 60). Please be aware that workstations continue to be chargeable during this period of inactivity.
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Settings > General Settings > Agent Management
- In the Agent Reinstallation section, you can opt to enable Automatically delete workstations from Dashboard if Agent is reinstalled
- In the Inactive Workstations section, you can enable Automatically delete workstations from Dashboard if Agent is not uploading data and configure the thresholds
- Select OK to save and apply
Agent Removal Alert
The Agent Management section also includes the option to generate an Agent Removal Alert when a non-N-sight RMM Dashboard action is used to remove an Agent from the computer. For example, a computer users uninstalls the Agent through Add/Remove Programs. Enter the recipient email addresses in the Agent Removal Alert section then click OK to enable.
What do you want to do?
- To manually uninstall the Windows Agent directly from the device or to silently uninstall the Agent using the command line, see Uninstall the Windows Agent.
- To manually uninstall the Mac Agent directly from the device, see Uninstall the Mac Agent.
- To manually uninstall the Linux Agent directly from the device, see Uninstall the Linux Agent.
- Workstation Management
- View the Added and Removed Devices Report