Edit Dashboard Users
To edit an N-sight RMM Dashboard user account:
- Log into the N-sight RMM Dashboard using an account with Users permissions enabled (for example SuperUser)
- Go to Settings > Users > User Accounts
- For the target user, click in the Edit Username field to enter a new active and valid email address for the user that is not currently in the system
The new username is not active until the user verifies it. Until it is verified, the new email address remains in the Edit Username field and the user can log in with their existing username.
2FA requires the user to verify their username (email address) using a verification email. Ensure all usernames in the system are active, valid email addresses.
- Click the Role column to use the drop-down to select a new target user Role. If you need to add a new role, select Manage Roles...to open the Roles and Permissions dialog.
- Click the Client Groups column to use the drop-down to select a new target Client Group. If you need to add a new Client Group, select Manage Groups... to open the Client Groups dialog.
To ensure a Client user only has access to their own portion of the N-sight RMM Dashboard, we recommend you log in with the Client level login to ensure only that specific customer's devices are visible.
Users only see Assets and System Reports, except the account wide User Audit Report and Remote Support Report, specific to their assigned Clients. For example, when a user selects All Clients from a Report drop-down, only Reports for their Client Group are returned.
Since the Client Group drop-down is accessible to Superuser level logins, Agent Key (if Dashboard access is enabled), or a custom role with the required Users permissions configured, those users can change the Client Group associated with their own account.
- Click Save and enter the password you used to sign into the N-sight RMM Dashboard to confirm the changes and send a verification email to the user