Add a Dashboard user for staff
We recommend you add an N-sight RMM Dashboard user account for each staff member. You assign each user to a role and a Client Group to define what they can do and view in the N-sight RMM Dashboard. For more information, see:
- Client Groups — a Client Group defines which Client's information is displayed to certain users in the N-sight RMM Dashboard
- Roles and Permissions — Default System Roles and Custom Roles determine what certain users have permission to do in the N-sight RMM Dashboard
To add a Client dashboard user, you create a Client Group with only that one client added to it and then assign the user the Client Default System Role or a Client Custom Role.
Each user generates their own Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) access code and their N-sight RMM Dashboard actions are recorded using the User Audit Report.
To add an N-sight RMM Dashboard user for staff:
- Log into the N-sight RMM Dashboard using an account with Users permissions enabled (for example, SuperUser)
- Go to Settings > Users > User Accounts
- Click Add User
- Click the Username column to enter an active and valid email address for the user
2FA requires the user to verify their username (email address) using a verification email. Ensure all usernames in the system are active, valid email addresses.
- Click the Role column to use the drop-down to select the target user Role. If you need to add a new role, select Manage Roles... to open the Roles and Permissions dialog.
- Click the Client Groups column to use the drop-down to select the target Client Group. If you need to add a new Client Group, select Manage Groups... to open the Client Groups dialog.
Users only see Assets and System Reports, except the account wide User Audit Report, specific to their assigned Clients. For example, when a user selects All Clients from a Report drop-down, only Reports for their Client Group are returned.
Since the Client Group drop-down is accessible to Superuser level logins, Agent Key (if Dashboard access is enabled), or a custom role with the required Users permissions configured, those users can change the Client Group associated with their own account.
Disable or Enable Agent Key user Dashboard access (optional)
- Click Save and enter the password you used to sign into the N-sight RMM Dashboard to confirm
The new user is sent a verification email with a link to set their password and the user password status is displayed in the P/W (Password) column. A green tick indicates a Password is set and an empty tick indicates the Password is not set.