We recommend you add a user account for each staff member and define what each user can do and view in the N-sight RMM Dashboard using:
- Client Groups — a Client Group defines which Client's information is displayed to certain users in the N-sight RMM Dashboard
- Roles and Permissions — Default System Roles and Custom Roles determine what certain users have permission to do in the N-sight RMM Dashboard
You can also create user accounts for Clients. To create a Client user, you create a Client Group with only that one client added to it and then assign the user the Client Default System Role or a Client Custom Role.
To add an N-sight RMM Dashboard user:
- Log into the N-sight RMM Dashboard using an account with Users permissions enabled (for example, SuperUser)
- Go to Settings > Users > User Accounts
- Click Add User
- Click the Username column to enter an active and valid email address for the user
2FA requires the user to verify their username (email address) using a verification email. Ensure all usernames in the system are active, valid email addresses.
- Click the Role column to use the drop-down to select the target user Role. If you need to add a new role, select Manage Roles... to open the Roles and Permissions dialog.
- Click the Client Groups column to use the drop-down to select the target Client Group. If you need to add a new Client Group, select Manage Groups... to open the Client Groups dialog.
To ensure a Client user only has access to their own portion of the N-sight RMM Dashboard, we recommend you log in with the Client level login to ensure only that specific customer's devices are visible.
Users only see Assets and System Reports, except the account wide User Audit Report and Remote Support Report, specific to their assigned Clients. For example, when a user selects All Clients from a Report drop-down, only Reports for their Client Group are returned.
Since the Client Group drop-down is accessible to Superuser level logins, Agent Key (if Dashboard access is enabled), or a custom role with the required Users permissions configured, those users can change the Client Group associated with their own account.
- Click Save and enter the password you used to sign into the N-sight RMM Dashboard to confirm
The new user is sent a verification email with a link to set their password and the user password status is displayed in the P/W (Password) column. A green tick indicates a Password is set and an empty tick indicates the Password is not set.