Substitution Strings (Wildcards)
Substitution strings replace the wildcard entered in the template with the corresponding value from the database so you can replace generic terms and provide a more personalized message containing your Client's Dashboard details and other information.
Templates support substitution strings in their From address, Subject line and Body (both text and HTML).
To include substitutions strings in a template:
- In the template you are configuring, select where to add the string in the template's From address, Subject line or Body
- Choose the substitution string from the drop-down. Only those supported in the selected template field are displayed.
- Click Insert Code to insert the string at the selected spot
- Click OK to save the template
If you add substitution strings in the template body, we recommend you insert the string in the Plain Text Message and the HTML versions.
For available substitution strings, see:
- Mail Template Substitution Strings - Alerts
- Mail Template Substitution Strings - Reports
- Mail Template Substitution Strings - Mobile Device Provisioning
What do you want to do?