Standard Edition Features and Connections (Windows)
The Standard Edition of Remote Background Management includes the following features
The availability of Features during the session depends on the Agent version running on the device.
Standard Edition Session Notes
- For ease of use the session window is resizable
- The dialog window reflects if the selected feature is unavailable. For example, the feature not enabled on the device or the installed Agent does not support that feature.
- If the sessions fails to start when the device is online and the Remote Background Management URLs are reachable. As covered in Central Servers: Master and Node addresses. The problem may be the antivirus solution on the device. For example, it is preventing winagentrcl.exe from running. To ease this issue, you may need an exclusion for winagentrcl.exe.
- The Failed to start Remote Background Session. Device not connected. error displays where the device is unreachable.
- Internet Explorer: Add the Dashboard address to Internet Explorer's Trusted Sites if the text entry focus is the browser address bar. Not the command line window. Once complete close then reopen the Dashboard to apply.
For new Dashboard accounts setup after the release of Dashboard v2019.09.03 only the Advanced Edition of Remote Background Management is available. To avoid any confusion on these Dashboards, we simply refer to Remote Background Management, it does not include the Advanced name.
This sections also covers Standard Edition's connection methods:
- Persistent Connection (Standard Edition)
- Central Servers: Master and Node addresses (Standard Edition)
What do you want to do?
- Use remote terminal - Standard (CMD)
- Administer processes and services (Process and Service control)
- Consider Advanced Edition features