Configure default Monitoring Templates for installation
To ensure Check and Automated Task consistency when installing Agents, you can Configure default Monitoring Templates for installation at the following levels:
- Device-type — the default monitoring template applies to all new server or workstation installations
- Clients and Sites — different default monitoring templates can apply to different Client and Site Agent installs
You can configure a server default monitoring template for Windows and Linux devices or a workstation default monitoring template for Windows and Mac devices.
Monitoring Templates are only applied to the Operating System they were created for (Windows, Mac or Linux), and Checks and Tasks are only added to devices capable of supporting them.
By default, servers and workstations inherit their policy from the Site, which in turn inherits the policy from the Client, which in turn inherits policies set for all servers and workstations.
After a default Monitoring Template is configured for an entity, new devices that are installed against the entity inherit the template settings and automatically apply the Checks and Tasks specified in the template.
To configure default Monitoring Templates for installation for overall device types, Clients and Sites:
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Settings > Monitoring Templates > New Device Installation Settings
- Select the template target Entity from the Client list. You can select all Servers, all Workstations, or servers or workstations at a selected Client or Site.
- Turn Settings to On
- Select the default Monitoring Templates from the Server Default or Workstation Default drop-down menus (only templates available for this device type are displayed)
- Enable Run check detection scan to scan the Device during the Site Installation Package deployment and add applicable Checks
- Optionally, enable Add specified Windows service checks irrespective of installed software to add the Windows service checks in the default Monitoring Template even if software is not yet installed on a device
- Click OK to save
If a Check is in the Monitoring Template and the Check is also discovered by the Check Detection Scan, the Monitoring Template version of the Check is added.
When you combine the Check Detection Scan and the Asset Tracking Only (no template) template, only the Checks from the Check Detection Scan are added.
To configure default Monitoring Templates for installation for a specific Site only:
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard expand the Client in the Client list
- Right-click the target Site and select Edit Site
- Select the default Monitoring Templates for the Site. These only apply to Windows installations.
- Default Workstation Monitoring Template
- Default Server Monitoring Template
What do you want to do?