Create the Site Installation Package via the Dashboard
The Group Policy Site Installation Package is available from the Dashboard Agent menu when logged in as a user with Site Installation Package permissions enabled for their login.
To create a Group Policy Site installer package:
You must have a user role with Site Installation Package permission.
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Agent > Download Agent > Download Site Installation Package
The Download Site Installation Package dialog opens with information about the types of packages.
- Click Next
- Select the target Client and Site
This dialog is Client Group aware and only lists Clients assigned to the logged in user.
- Select the Agent version you want to install
- Select Network uses Proxy Server and enter the Address, Port, Username, and Password (optional)
- Click Next
The available installers for the Agent version display.
- Click Download for the Group Policy installer
Each package filename includes the Client, Site and installer type, (GP Group Policy or RW Remote Worker). For example, AGENT_CLIENT_SITE_V10_0_0_RW.ZIP
- Select Close to exit the dialog
To avoid authentication issues, if the username or password used to create the Site Installation Package changes, we recommend you generate and use a new package based on the updated credentials.
- Next, go to Create and Share the Software Distribution Point Folder
Site Installation Package Download
When you deploy the Agent using the Group Policy Site Installation Package the download contains:
- agent.msi — used for the installation and removal of the Agent
- package.zip — contains all the elements required for the MSI install, including the settings.ini file - which references the Client and Site the Agent is to be registered against - as well as executable, configuration and language files etc.
If a Monitoring Template is selected for the device, to ensure the latest template version is always applied, it is not included in the package but downloaded directly from the N-sight RMM Dashboard as part of the installation process.