Create and Share the Software Distribution Point Folder
To allow the installer to retrieve the required files, it is necessary to create and share the software distribution point folder with read permissions.
In the following example, the software distribution point folder is called, NetworkInstaller, in the default Agent installation directory:
- On the device from which you plan to share the files, install the Agent on the device, if it is not already installed
- Go to the Agent installation directory,
C:\Program Files\Advanced Monitoring Agentor
C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Monitoring Agent
- Right-click anywhere in the directory and select New > Folder and enter the name, NetworkInstaller
- Right-click the new NetworkInstaller folder
- Select Properties, Sharing and Security or Share with
- Under the Sharing tab tick the Share button or Share this Folder radio (can be under Advanced Sharing)
- Select Permissions to allow the required computers at least Read access to the folder
Unpack the Site Installation Package
- Copy the Site Installation Package to NetworkInstaller folder
- Unpack the files so the folder contains an agent.msi and package.zip file
The sharing options and dialogs described above are Operating System dependent.
Sharing and Security Permissions
Permissions may be applied to computer objects individually or as a members of groups when deploying via the suggested Computer Configuration method. Where the User Configuration method is used the permissions may be applied per user.
To check the shared folder is remotely accessible, type the folder name (for example: \\SERVER\NetworkInstaller ) in the Start/Run dialogue box from a remote computer with permission to access the share. Where successful, the NetworkInstaller folder contents are displayed.