Activate Two-factor Authentication for the Take Control Agent
Increase security for your Take Control account by adding two-factor authentication to your devices. Download a 2FA authenticator app on a separate device before getting started.
- Open the Agent Configuration Window, and if you are not using administrative privileges click Enter Administration Mode.
- Click the Advanced Setup menu icon and select Security.
- Select the check-box next to Require users to authenticate using two-factor authentication and click Advanced to open the 2FA configuration window.
- Click Add Code to get started creating your 2FA codes.
- Enter a name and description for the new code, and click Create.
- In the next window, scan the QR code using your authenticator app, enter the code displayed in the app and click Ok.
The new code is now saved to the 2FA configuration window. You can add up to 10 two-factor authentication codes to apply an additional layer of security to your Windows and iOS devices.