Remote Worker Agent Installation
You can use the Site Installation Package to create a one-click Remote Worker installer package for a target Client and Site. When the installer package runs on a device, it adds the Device to the target Client and Site on the N-sight RMM Dashboard.
For example, end users could run the install package on their devices, or a script could run it on many devices, to deploy the Agent.
This installer is aimed at non-Active Directory networks or for Active Directory computers (laptops) that are infrequently connected to the network.
To create a Remote Worker installer package:
You must have a user role with Site Installation Package permission.
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Agent > Download Agent > Download Site Installation Package
The Download Site Installation Package dialog opens with information about the types of packages.
- Click Next
- Select the target Client and Site
This dialog is Client Group aware and only lists Clients assigned to the logged in user.
- Select the Agent version you want to install
- Select Network uses Proxy Server and enter the Address, Port, Username, and Password (optional)
- Click Next
The available installers for the Agent version display. Only the Remote Worker installer is available for Mac and Linux Agents.
- Click Download for the Remote Worker installer
Each package filename includes the Client, Site and installer type, (GP Group Policy or RW Remote Worker). For example, AGENT_CLIENT_SITE_V8_0_0_RW.ZIP
- Select Close to exit the dialog
To avoid authentication issues, if the username or password used to create the Site Installation Package changes, we recommend you generate and use a new package based on the updated credentials.
Deploy the Agent
- Distribute the Remote Worker Site Installation Package to the target users
- The user saves the file on their computer
- The user unpacks the Agent_*_RW.zip file and double-clicks Agent_*_RW.exe to begin the installation process
- No further dialogs are displayed and the Agent silently installs without further end user interaction
If a Monitoring Template is selected for the device, to ensure the latest template version is always applied, it is not included in the package but downloaded directly from the N-sight RMM Dashboard as part of the installation process.