Network Device Monitoring
In addition to servers, workstations and mobiles, there may be other devices attached to the network that you wish to monitor, but are not Agent or app supported.
With Network Device Monitoring you can run Checks against SNMP-enabled devices including routers, switches, firewalls and printers. Check the toner and paper levels on a printer or the interface connectivity on a router. Configure email and / or SMS Alerts if the Check fails or the device loses connectivity.
Network Device Monitoring utilizes Network Discovery to discover network attached devices and run Checks. These Checks run every 5 minutes against monitored devices.
Once you have enabled Network Discovery and placed a network under management, you can (once the initial scan is complete) select the target devices on the Dashboard and enable monitoring of them.
What do you want to do?
- Read the Network Device Monitoring Getting Start Guide
- Learn how to Setup Network Discovery and Place the network under Network Discovery Management
- Add a custom SNMP Check
- Discover how to Manage Monitored Network Devices
- Learn about Remote SSH Connection to Network Devices
- Read about SNMP and OID Identification