You can clear (acknowledge) a failed Check on the N-sight RMM Dashboard if you already investigated the issue it or it is a known issue. When you clear a failed Check, its status displays on the N-sight RMM Dashboard as a ticked orange circle,, and it is removed from the Wall Chart on its next refresh.
Check clearing is enabled by default for 24x7 and Daily Safety Checks but you can Configure Check Clearing. You can also Configure Notes prompt for Check Clearing to include the option to add a technical note or a client facing note to explain why the Check is cleared.
Cleared Checks are recorded in the Check Clearing Report and the User Audit Report. For more information, see Check Clearing reports.
When you clear a failed Check, the associated outage remains open until the next time the Check passes.
- Log into the N-sight RMM Dashboard using an account with Check Clearing permissions enabled
- Select the device in the North-pane
- Select the tick box for the Check(s) in the South-pane Checks tab
If Check Clearing is not enabled, the tick boxes for clearing failed checks do not display.
Choice Save To clear the Check and refresh the N-sight RMM Dashboard Click Save and Refresh To clear the Check and refresh only the South-pane Checks tab Click Save
- If the option is configured in the Check Clearing Policy, you can Set check clearing behavior:
If you Keep check cleared until a specified date and time, the Check remains cleared until one of the following events:
- the check passes and the outage closes
- the specified date and time is reached
- If the option is configured, you can enter a technical or client facing note. If you are clearing multiple checks, the note(s) are added to each cleared Check.
- Click OK to save and apply