Backup & Recovery Tools
Where Backup & Recovery options are not present on your N-sight RMM dashboard, this means you will now need to use Cove.
To start a 30-day free trial of Cove, click the app switcher in the , and select Cove Data Protection (Cove).
Additional tools are available for Backup & Recovery.
Bare Metal Recovery, Recovery Console and Virtual Drive are available from both the Dashboard and below links. The Server Tool (used when uploading a Seed Backup ) is only available from the links below.
- Log into the Dashboard
- Go to Backup & Recovery > Download
- Select the tool, Backup Manager version and architecture of the device you intend to run the tool on
|Bare Metal Recovery|
|Backup Manager Version||BMR Tools|
|Pre-17||Bare Metal Recovery ISO||Bare Metal Recovery EXE|
|From 17||Bare Metal Recovery ISO||Bare Metal Recovery EXE|
|Backup Manager Version||Recovery Consoles|
|Pre-17||Recovery Console 32-bit||Recovery Console 64-bit|
|From 17||Recovery Console 32-bit||Recovery Console 64-bit|
|Backup Manager Version||Server Tools|
|Pre-17||Server Tool 32-bit||Server Tool 64-bit|
|From 17||Server Tool 32-bit||Server Tool 64-bit|
|Backup Manager Version||Virtual Drive Tools|
|Pre-17||Virtual Drive 32-bit||Virtual Drive 64-bit|
|From 17||Virtual Drive 32-bit||Virtual Drive 64-bit|
Determine Backup Manager Version
The version number is displayed in the Backup Manager when opened from the Dashboard or directly on the computer.
To launch the Backup Manager for a device:
On the computer
- Go to Start > All Programs > Backup & Recovery > Backup Manager
- Click on the desktop's Backup Manger icon (where available)
From the Dashboard
- Right-click on the target device in the North-pane of the Dashboard (or from the Server, Workstation or Device drop-down)
- Select Backup & Recovery > Open Backup Manager
To view the Backup Manager version:
- Click the Backup & Recovery tab
- The Short version detail is the installed Backup Manager version
What do you want to do?