Configure your IMAP ticket mailbox
The initial configuration of your monitored ticket mailbox is a crucial step in setting up your MSP Manager account. Create an IMAP enabled mailbox to receive reported issues and requests from your customers via email.
If you are using a Gmail account for your ticket mailbox, make sure to Enable IMAP for Gmail mailboxes in order for the mailbox to work correctly with MSP Manager.
Configure permissions for creating ticket mailboxes
Make sure all technicians who need to configure ticket mailboxes have the necessary permissions to do so.
- Navigate to Settings > Users & Permissions > Roles.
- Click next to the Role you would like to edit.
- Select the MSP Company Management section to expand and view it's options.
- Make sure the Configure Ticket Mailbox option is checked.
- Click Save Role to add the ability to configure ticket mailboxes to all users in that specific Role.
Set up your IMAP enabled mailbox
- Navigate to Settings > Tickets & Workflows > Ticket Mailboxes.
- Click the mailbox drop-down menu in the top right corner of the page and select Add IMAP Mailbox.
- Enter credentials for email address, server address, and server port.
- Click Use SSL, if required, and enter your user name and password.
- Select Default Reply Mailbox to make this the default ticket mailbox for customers without an assigned ticket mailbox. Learn more about the 'Send reply using this mailbox' setting.
- Click to save the mailbox settings.
Assign a ticket mailbox to specific customers
With multiple ticket mailbox configured in your MSP Manager account, you can assign different mailboxes to specific customers.
- Navigate to the Customer Menu and select a customer from the list.
- Click Actions > Edit Customer.
- Select a default mailbox from the Send Emails From list.
- Click Save Customer.
Send responses from any mailbox inside tickets
Image files sent as attachments can be no larger than 10 MB.
- Navigate to Helpdesk, and select a ticket to edit it.
- Click Add response.
- In the New Response window, click the From field to specify a mailbox.
In some cases, you may receive the ticket notification before the ticket or ticket request gets created in MSP Manager .
When using a new Gmail account for your ticket mailbox, IMAP is not enabled by default. Follow these steps to enable IMAP and SSL.
- From your Gmail account, click in the top right corner and click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the IMAP Access section click Enable IMAP > Save Changes.
- Navigate to your (Undefined variable: General.ProductName_Long) account and click Settings > Tickets & Workflows > Ticket Mailbox.
- Enter your Email and Server credentials, and set the Server Port to 993.
- Select Use SSL and save your changes.