Download and install the Linux Console
You can now download the Take Control to run in Linux Install the Linux, using the Wine compatibility layer. Please note that is still a beta version of the Console, and we expect to enhance it and correct any issues found, with the feedback from our community of users.
The Linux Console runs well on Ubuntu version 20 and 22, as well as Fedora 36. Additionally, it is possible to run in other distros, provided they are supported by the latest versions of Wine.
These installers are provided “as-is”: given the Console is running using a third-party compatibility layer, we might not be able to provide the same level of support as we do with the Take Control Linux Agent and the modules for other operating systems.
Linux Console pre-installation steps
- Download and unpack the LinuxConsole.zip file.
- If needed, change the scripts permissions to be executable using this command: sudo chmod +x “filename.sh”
Install the Linux Console
- Run installConsole.sh.
- If Wine is not already installed, the installer will ask if you want to do so. Click Yes to download the latest Wine version for your device.
- Select Yes for all the prompts to continue with the installation.
If you already have Wine installed, the following prompt is displayed:
Uninstall the Linux Console
Use the following steps to uninstall the console :
- Use the official console uninstaller on your device.
- Run uninstallConsole.sh to fully remove Wine.
Please make Take Control was successfully uninstalled using the official uninstaller before removing Wine.
After wine is successfully removed, run the “autoremove” command at your discretion to remove unnecessary packages.
The “autoremove” command should only be used by experienced Linux users.
Helpful tips for installing and running the Linux Console
- Please follow the installation instructions carefully to avoid any problems or corrupted applications if you already have Wine installed.
- In the event of any errors, follow the information at winehq.com
- If there are problems with the minimize, maximize and close window buttons, run winecfg in a terminal and select Allow the window manager to decorate the windows in the Graphics tab.