Set up Departments
Set up Departments for your technicians based on their skill set (a gold tier department made up of experienced technicians, for example). Prioritize technicians in the Department based on who is best suited to handle support requests, or send requests to all technicians in the list.
Each Department has it's own unique ID and URL to route support requests directly to them.
Watch this video to learn more about setting up Departments.
- Select Management > Departments > Add.
- Enter the name of the department and click Save.
- In the Department tab, the Department Name and Department ID are automatically assigned. Support requests that use the Department Link are directed to the specified department.
- Select Enable to activate the department.
- Select Technicians, and choose the employees you want to add to the department.
- In the Web Chat section, define the order in which assigned technicians receive web chat requests.
- Use the Copy Link button to copy the web chat link to the clipboard.
- Click Save.
What do you want to do?