Generate a PIN code to immediately start a support session and attend to customer issues. To initiate a new support session, generate a PIN code and send it to your customer. Each PIN Code has a variable expiration and you can generate a different code for each customer you support.
PIN Code Permissions
Before attempting to start a support session by generating a PIN code, make sure the appropriate technicians have the correct permissions configured.
- Navigate to Management > Technicians, locate a technician in the list and view their Permissions Group in the column next to the technician's name.
- Navigate to the Permissions Groups tab, select the technician's Permissions Group from the list and click Edit Group in the right hand panel containing the Permission Group's details.
- In the Key Permissions and Defaults tab, sure Allow members to generate PIN codes is selected.
- Click Save to apply the changes to the technician's Permission Group.
Generate a PIN Code
- In the home tab of your Technician Console, select Start New Session.
- Click the 9-digit PIN code to copy it to the clipboard.
- Share the PIN Code with the customer.
- Email the code to your customer.
- Direct them to startcontrol.com to enter the code.
The customer can use the PIN code to download the applet and request a support session. A technician can accept the request to start the support session and provide assistance to the customer.
What do you want to do?