Deploy the Agent via Group Policy
You can deploy the Windows Agent from the Group Policy Management Console or Active Directory Users and Computers depending upon the method used earlier in the process. Although the software may be deployed per user, we recommend you install it per computer.
- Depending on the method you used earlier in the process, go to the Group Policy Management Console or the Active Directory Users and Computers
- Right- click the newly created Group Policy Object (i.e. Agent MSI) and select Edit
The Group Policy Management Editor displays.
Choice Action To apply to a computer (recommended) Go to Computer Configuration (recommended) To apply to a user Go to User Configuration
- Expand Policies (SBS2008) > Software Settings
- Right-click Software Installation and select New > Package
- Enter the full Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path of the Agent MSI file and package, for example \\SERVER\ NetworkInstaller\agent.msi and click Open
- When you are prompted to select the deployment method, select Assigned and click OK
Now, when a new Windows device joins the network, the GPO automatically pushes the Windows Agent to that device. The Windows Agent installs and adds the device to the N-sight RMM Dashboard under the Client and Site you specified when you created the site installation package.
Enter the full Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path to the shared folder. Do not browse to the location as this may prevent the application of the Group Policy.