Adding Professional Services automation to your RMM platform, can greatly benefit the way you deliver services as an MSP. It automates back-office and operations, which make you more efficient. This allow you to optimize profits and grow.
However, the complexity and costs associated with the integration, implementation and use of PSA is often high. Computicate PSA has changed all this, by offering a next generation platform, which is out of the box, easy to use and affordable.
Computicate PSA is a great way to experience the benefits of PSA, for any MSP, whether it is the first time you are adding PSA to the mix, or as an alternative for existing tools, that are complex and expensive.
Computicate PSA's functionality includes:
- Dashboard, with key performance metrics
- Product, contract & services catalog
- Automatic billing, with integrated payment options (Stripe, PayPal)
- Automatic Time allocation
- Service desk
- Integrations with Accounting, RMM, Backup and payment providers
- Adding features continuously, with 2 week release cycles
- Computicate PSA synchronizes sites and connected configuration items from the Dashboard.
- Configuration items are identified by the unique, machine name allocated from the Dashboard.
- The synchronization runs every 15 minutes.
- Allows managed devices to be allocated to services and contracts defined in Computicate PSA.
- Allow you to automatically allocate devices to existing contracts and / or services, based on machine types. For example, server to Managed Server contract.
- Computicate PSA Autosync provides the option to allocate new devices directly to services / contracts. For example, a new Windows workstation is added, this will be allocated as service "managed workstation" and added to the monthly bill.
For additional information on Computicate PSA please visit their website: https://www.computicatepsa.com/
Configuration of the Computicate PSA integration is a two-step process. First the Dashboard API Token is generated, then these details are entered into Computicate PSA.
Step 1: Generate the Dashboard API authentication token
To create the Dashboard API Token used by Computicate PSA for communication:
The API Key is used to authenticate against the Public API. If you generate a new key, anything that uses the existing key to authenticate against the Public API will stop working.
- Log in to the N-sight RMM Dashboard as a Superuser or (non-Classic) Administrator level access, or using a login with the required General permissions enabled, or using the Agent Key (if Dashboard access is enabled)
- Go to Settings > General Settings > API
- Click Generate (or Regenerate when you are creating a new API Key)
You can generate the API Key as often as required. Each regeneration overwrites the existing key.
- Enter the recipient email address in the Email API Token to (optional) field and click Email Token (Optional)
The sent email includes the API Key and the respective server URL to query.
- Select OK to apply
The database server to query is dependent on the territory your account is registered under. The current territories and respective URLs are:
Based on the above, a user in the United Kingdom uses the URL https://www.systemmonitor.co.uk/ and their query would be:
Determine API Server URL from Dashboard URL
If you are unsure of your Dashboard account territory:
- Look at the URL used to access your Dashboard as this may include a region reference, or
- If the URL does not mention a region, for example a custom domain, append /dashboard to one of above URLs and attempt login to your Dashboard at the prompt. Based on the United Kingdom this would look like: https://www.systemmonitor.co.uk/dashboard
- Where problems are still experienced determining the region from a custom Dashboard URL. Open a command prompt or terminal on the device. Then perform an nslookup on the custom Dashboard URL:
When requesting the API Key is sent from the Dashboard, the respective server URL is included in the email.
Step 2: Enter the Dashboard API connection data into Computicate PSA
Login to the Computicate PSA using an Admin level account then go to:
- Click Settings in the left menu
- Go to Integrations
- Select N-able RMM connection from the available integrations
- Click the Edit N-able RMM connection button in the top left and complete the following:
- URL: enter the connection URL for your Dashboard territory. please note that this URL is dependent on the territory your account is registered under.
- For example,
https://www.systemmonitor.usif registered in the US, https://www.systemmonitor.co.ukfor the UK etc.
- API Key: enter your Dashboard API Token
- Set the connection switch to Active
- Use Test Connection to ensure Computicate PSA can communicate with the Dashboard. If this test fails, please check the entered Dashboard URL and API Token information then retest.
The above API Token and Dashboard URL information is contained in the Email Token email
Once communication is established with the Dashboard, Computicate PSA will begin synchronizing your sites and endpoints with this process taking around twenty minutes to complete.
This N-sight RMM integration was created and is maintained by Computicate PSA . As such we would suggest contacting Computicate PSA directly in the event of any problems either in its initial implementation or subsequent usage.