Use the Customer Portal to give ticket access to your customers
Add contacts to your customers' locations and give them access to the customer portal. They can use the portal to submit support requests and check the status of existing tickets. Add your company logo and colors to give it a customized look of your organization.
Before getting started with granting access to the portal for your customers, make sure you have configured all options in the portal settings menu to get the most out of your customer portal.
Configure and customize the Customer Portal
- Navigate to Settings > Company Settings > Portal.
- Add the Portal URL prefix to create the URL your customers will use to access the portal. Click the link below the URL field to test the full address of the portal.
- Enter your Company Display Name, which is displayed in the top left of the portal.
- In the Company Logo section, click Choose File to select an image file that will be added tot he top left corner of the portal, next to your Company Display Name.
- Add your company's website in the External Homepage section to allow your customers to simply click your company name in the portal to access your homepage.
- Set the Primary and Accent colors to be displayed in your portal.
- Click Save Settings when finished to save your changes and add your customizations to the portal.
Image files for your company logo should be .PNG or .JPEG file types, and be limited to as small a file size as possible.
The MSP Manager customer portal does not support custom domains.
Send an Easy Ticket Request
Your customers can use the Create an Easy Ticket Request button on the Portal Login page to submit a support ticket without logging in to the portal.
Enable the Customer Portal for each contact
- Navigate to the Customer Menu and select a customer from the list.
- Select Contacts to view that customer's contacts.
- Click Add Contact or select the Additional Options menu and click Edit Contact next to an existing contact you want to modify.
- Enter the contact's information and under the Customer Portal section, select one or both user roles for the contact:
- Portal users can view their tickets and create tickets for themselves.
- Portal admins can view and create tickets for all users within the company.
- Select to save and update the contact.
New portal users will receive a welcome email containing information on how to log in to the customer portal. This includes an auto generated password which the portal user can change after their initial log in by selecting their email address in the upper right corner of the portal and clicking Change Password.
You can also use Workspaces to enable multiple portal users at once from the Contact Widget in your Workspace Page.