Recover Storage Account Encryption Key and Password
Where Backup & Recovery options are not present on your N-sight RMM dashboard, this means you will now need to use Cove.
To start a 30-day free trial of Cove, click the app switcher in the , and select Cove Data Protection (Cove).
Depending on the selected Disaster Recovery option (Bare Metal Recovery and the Recovery Console), the storage account's Encryption Key and Password may be required when recovering the source system data to the target computer.
If you do not have a copy of this key, it can be displayed in the Dashboard.
To display the Encryption Key:
- Right-click on the target device in the North-pane of the dashboard (or from the Server, Workstation or Device drop-down)
- Go to the Edit > Edit <device type>
- Navigate to the Backup & Recovery section
- Click Request Encryption Key
- When prompted, enter the password of the account you have logged into the Dashboard under to confirm
The Backup Account Info dialog opens to display the Encryption Key along with the Status, Device Name (unique identifier) and Password for the selected storage account.