Password Protect Local Backup Manager
Where Backup & Recovery options are not present on your N-sight RMM dashboard, this means you will now need to use Cove.
To start a 30-day free trial of Cove by clicking into the app switcher in at the top right of the N-sight RMM dashboard, and selecting Cove Data Protection (Cove).
After enabling Backup & Recovery, the Backup Manager is downloaded and installed on each device, inheriting the backup policy. A Backup Manager quick launch shortcut is also added to the desktop that enables the end user to adjust their Backup & Recovery configuration as well as restore files from their backup. You can restrict end user access to the local Backup Manager using a password.
To password protect local Backup Manager:
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Settings > Backup & Recovery > Settings
- Select the target entities from the Entity list of servers and workstations
- Ensure Setting: is set to On
- Tick the Enabled check box in the Password protect local Backup Manager section
- Enter a Password (tick Show password if required - you are prompted to enter your N-sight RMM Dashboardlogin password to view)
This password is now required when you open the Backup Manager locally. Access from the N-sight RMM Dashboard is not affected.
- Click OK to save and apply
When a user has N-sight RMM Dashboard access, their level of interaction is controlled via Roles and Permissions. You can use Roles and Permissions to prevent the user from opening the Backup Manager from the N-sight RMM Dashboard or performing other actions.