Backup & Recovery Seed Load Service Process
Where Backup & Recovery options are not present on your N-sight RMM dashboard, this means you will now need to use Cove.
To start a 30-day free trial of Cove by clicking into the app switcher in at the top right of the N-sight RMM dashboard, and selecting Cove Data Protection (Cove).
- Enable Backup & Recovery
- Request the Seed Loading Service
- Backup & Recovery goes into seed loading mode and as such no backups or restores are possible
- Disk Preparation and Shipping
- Once received, the Seed Loading request is processed with the required number of disks prepared
- These are then shipped to the address specified in the request form, with a disk dispatch notification email containing the tracking information sent to the request form's contact address
For any delivery or return shipping information, reply to this disk dispatch notification email address.
- Disk Delivery and Seed Backup
- The disks will arrive at the address specified in the request form
- Place the packaging in a safe place (this is required for the return journey)
- Attach the USB disk with the provided cable to the required machine and run SeedingTool.exe to create the Seed Backup
- If the Seeding Loading Service was requested for multiple devices, attach the disk via the provided cable and run the SeedingTool.exe on each of them to create the Seed Backups
After the backups are complete, bundle the disk(s) and cable(s) in the packaging they arrived in
Reply to the disk dispatch notification email to let us know they are ready for collection and we will provide the return shipping information, labels etc
After you receive the label, attach it to the box and contact the delivery company to arrange a pickup at a time convenient to you
Seed Backup Upload
When we receive the disk(s), which may take approximately three working days to arrive, the upload process begins
We will inform you when the upload is complete and send a command to the Backup Manager on the device(s) to resume their scheduled backups