Bitdefender Engine Clean Uninstall
To cleanly uninstall MAV-BD Bitdefender Engine from a device to remove all traces of the product, you must first disable MAV-BD for the device, which initiates the uninstaller. When the uninstall is complete, you must remove all traces of the product (files, folders or registry entries) from the device itself.
How to cleanly uninstall MAV-BD Bitdefender Engine:
Step 1- Dashboard
- Right-click on the device in the North-pane and choose Edit Device from the context menu (also available from the Server or Workstation drop-down or Edit menu).
- Select the Managed Antivirus section
- Change the Setting: to Off (before actioning this change please check Disk Encryption Manager settings)
- Click OK to save changes and begin the MAV-BD - Bitdefender Engine uninstall process
- Wait for the device’s Summary tab to show Managed Antivirus - Not Installed
Step 2 - Local Computer
Access the device locally where MAV-BD was uninstalled and remove the following files, folders and registry entries
Step 3 - Files and Folders
|Item Location||Item to Delete|
|C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Monitoring Agent\
(GP if Monitoring Agent installed via Group Policy)
|C:\Program Files||All Managed Antivirus entries|
|C:\Program Files\Common Files||All Managed Antivirus entries|
|C:\ProgramData||All ManagedAntivirus and Managed Antivirus entries|
|Local drive||Search for and remove trufos.sys if found|
Step 4 - Registry
We recommend you backup of the Windows Registry before you make changes because Registry changes apply immediately without an automatic backup.
- Open regedit.exe
- Make a backup of the Registry
- Search through the Registry and remove any remaining entries for Bitdefenderand MAV-BD.
Ensure entries associated with the product under the Uninstall key are deleted. For example, the MAV-BD Master Service key:
Step 5 - Run the Bitdefender MAV-BD Uninstall Tool
- Reboot device into Safe Mode with Networking
- Download the Bitdefender MAV-BD Uninstall Tool
Open a Command Prompt with Administrative rights and navigate to the folder where you saved the uninstall tool
Run the following command:
MAV_UninstallTool-<VERSION>.exe /bdparams /bruteForce /destructive
MAV_UninstallTool-184.108.40.206.exe /bdparams /bruteForce /destructive
These switches are case-sensitive:
/bruteForce - forcefully uninstalls the product, removing remnants and corrupted files from incomplete installations or uninstalls
/destructive - completely removes MAV, when the endpoint cannot detect MAV
Step 6 - Restart Computer
- Restart the computer after the MAV-BD Uninstall Tool finishes and choose Start Windows Normally if prompted.
What do you want to do?
- Review the Managed Antivirus Quick Start Guide
- Enable Managed Antivirus on individual servers and workstations or on all servers and workstations at a client or site
- Configure Managed Antivirus Policies. Includes scan schedules, remediation action (default threat action), end-user interaction