Report Spam via Browser-based Email Client
Using a browser-based email client, you can report spam to Mail Assure. If you can view the whole source of the email, you can report spam this way using a simple script that pushes the message to our systems.
The following Browsers are compatible (Windows/Linux/OSX):
- Firefox - the Greasemonkey addon is required
Currently the script will only work for:
- Google Mail (Google Apps)
- OWA (Exchange Online)
If you have other browser-based email clients you would like to include, please contact your Account Manager.
Install Greasemonkey Addon and Script
- Install and enable the Greasemonkey addon
- Download the script
- Open the file, select all, and copy to your clipboard
- Click on the Greasemonkey icon in Firefox and select New User Script > Use script from Clipboard
- Once the script is installed, verify that the Greasemonkey icon is enabled in Firefox
If the script does not download and install automatically:
Reporting from Browser-based Email Client
- Log in to your mail client with your preferred browser
- Select the message you wish to report
- View the source of the message
- A Report Spam button should appear on the page on the right. (If using OWA - this will show in the pop-up box when viewing the source)
- Click Report Spam
- Once successful, a pop-up will appear confirming that the message was sent
- Close window
The script will not move, delete or change the message in any way. It will simply send the headers and body content to the Mail Assure training servers.