Report messages as Spam or Not Spam
If you find spam is not being blocked by the filters or legitimate messages are being blocked as spam, you can upload the emails to the Mail Assure training system. This allows the system to gather valuable information on the nature of the emails and helps to reduce future spam from reaching your mailbox and future legitimate emails from being quarantined. Emails that bypass our filters are automatically excluded from the training system, e.g. if a sender/recipient is on the Allow list.
You can also use the following end-user client integrations with Mail Assure to report spam:
Using the Outlook/O365 addon
- In MailApp Apple OSX using the SpamReporter tool
- Forward Email as attachment
- Via IMAP
- Via Browser-based Email Client
- In the Domain Level or Email Level Control Panel, select Incoming > Train messages
- In the Train messages page, drag and drop or browse for and upload messages you want the system to treat differently. Messages can be in .msg, .eml or .txt format only.
- Select whether the message(s) should be recognized as legitimate or spam
- Click Continue
- You will be asked to confirm you wish to train a message, click Report as spam/Report as legitimate
- Close the dialog box once you see the file(s) have been successfully uploaded
The maximum size limit per message through the dashboard is 1 MB. For messages over this size, please use other methods of reporting spam or not spam.
Important - The emails reported via all methods must be in .msg, .eml (IETF FRC 5322) or .txt format and contain the full unmodified message headers.