Create and deploy scripts
Take Control allows for the immediate or scheduled script deployments to any of your customer’s computers or devices. These scripts are directly compatible with Batch files, Visual Basic Script and Powershell.
- From the left navigation menu of the Admin Area, select Management > Scripts.
- Click Group : Add, enter a Group name, and click Add to confirm the addition of the new group.
- Select the new group and click Scripts : Add to add new scripts to the group.
- Enter a Name and Description for the new script, select a Script Type and click Add.
- In the Script tab, select Enabled to activate the new script.
- In the Content section, choose ps1 (powershell script), vbs (Visual Basic Script), or bat (Batch file) and select the type of script you want to add:
- Select Explicit Script, paste the necessary commands to the Script Body field and the script text is directly inserted in the Take Control interface.
- Select External Script, enter the Script URL, and the script is available in a text file located at the Script URL. Click Test to check your External Script URL, and save your changes.
- If the script requires specific resources to be available for download, select Required Files > Add new, and add the necessary files to the script. Click Add File to save the file to the script.
- Navigate to the Devices page of the Admin Area, select one or more devices and click More > Deploy script from the options at the top of the page.
- Choose a script to deploy and select a Start On date.
- Click System Account in the Run As field to navigate to the Running Options tab and specify credentials to run the script as a local machine or local user.
- Specify whether to run the script only when a user is logged in, or to allow interaction with the desktop while the script is running.
- Select the Advanced tab to specify whether the computer will discard the job if it is not completed after a specified amount of time.
- In the Notification section, Register Only is selected to indicate the script will be logged in the Reports section of the Admin Area. Select Send Email, and enter an email address to send a notification of the script job.
- Click Deploy to deploy the script.
What do you want to do?