Configure the New Session API
This API enables the generation of support tickets and corresponding Take Control applets using a call to a webservice. The webservice is capable of receiving optional parameters that are used to pre-configure the support request, like the name and the email address of the customer, the client number or the problem description. These values will then be sent to the technician’s console, allowing the easy identification of the support request.
- Use the API Keys section to view the list of Endpoints and add the appropriate key in order to securely authenticate with your selected API.
- Select a passing method - HTTP GET or POST. The parameters do not need to follow a specific order in the request, but they must be encoded using the URL Encoding (UTF-8) format. The following restrictions apply:
- customer_name - 128 characters maximum
- customer_email - 64 characters maximum
- customer_number - 32 characters maximum
- problem_description - 1024 characters maximum
- Example - https://api-dev.swi-rc.com/integration/integration_api.php?uid=Ph4w%2BFmspFLgt9vRIDAkb%2F6ZtK4Zv%2F8tRavadCFWvgOId1EVEhtQ9wn2nHjmaEHGekGNc7yC1tAlJS7NUsg%2BwlfRR74vfY9h3trm& email@example.com&customer_number=1234567891&problem_description=Problem%20description2
- Available parameters:
Name Type Mandatory Description Example UID String Yes Unique identifier of your Take Control account, located in the Admin Area > Profile > APIs. e14887a6-337f-102cacd5-04010102184 Department Intiger No Department ID is located in the Admin Area > Management > Departments. id_1234 Tech String No The technician's username (email address) to which the support request will be sent. firstname.lastname@example.org Customer_name String No Name of customer. My%20Customer Customer_email String No Email address of the customer. email@example.com Customer_number String No Client number. C0987654321 Problem_description String No Problem description. Excel%20not%20working Ask_customer_info Boolean No
Allows the customer to change the ticket information. By default, if one of the following elements is sent, no information is sent to the customer in the support applet, unless this parameter is set to 1
If the Department or Tech parameters are incorrect in the request, the web service uses the following procedure:
- Both parameters are incorrect: the request goes to the general queue
- Incorrect department but correct technician: the request goes to the mentioned technician.
- Incorrect technician but correct department: the request goes to the queue of the referenced department.
- Discrepancy between the technician and department (but both are correct): the request goes to the referenced technician.
What do you want to do?