Edit a role
You can edit a role to update the name, base role, and permissions. You can't edit default system roles.
- To edit a role, you must be signed into N-sight RMM using an Agent Key, a Superuser role, or a user with the Roles & Permissions permission enabled.
Edit a role that is not a default system role
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Settings > Users > Roles and Permissions
- Click the role you want to edit (it highlights in blue)
- Click in the Name column to edit the name for the role (optional)
Name and base role edits are indicated by a red triangle in the corner of the field. Permission edits are indicated with a pink background.
- Click in the Based on column to change the base role you want to use as a permissions template
If you change the base role, all permissions reset to the selected base role permissions.
- Modify the permissions by selecting or deselecting the radio button for each permission. For a description of each permission, hover over the permission or see Default system roles and their permissions.
If a role is currently in use, permission changes are applied the next time the user logs in.
You can edit permissions in bulk using the groups or subgroups.
- Click Save