Edit a Custom Role
You can edit a custom role to update the name and change the permissions.
You can only modify Roles and Permissions if you are using the Agent Key (if N-sight RMM Dashboard access is enabled), or if you have the Superuser role or a custom role with the Users permissions configured.
To edit a custom role:
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, go to Settings > Users > Roles and Permissions
- Click the role you want to edit (it highlights in blue)
- Click in the Name column to edit the name for the role (optional)
Name or Based on edits are indicated by a red triangle in the corner of the field. Permission edits are indicated with a pink background.
- Click in the Based on column to edit the System Role you want to use as a permissions template
If you edit the Based on column and select a System Role, all the permissions for the role will change to the default permissions for the selected System Role.
- Modify the permissions by selecting or deselecting the radio button for each permission. For a description of each permission, hover over the permission or see Default System Role Permissions.
If a role is currently in use, permission changes are applied the next time the user logs in.
You can edit permissions in bulk using the groups or subgroups.
- Click Save