Install the Remote Background Management (Advanced) Viewer
Remote Background Management (Advanced) is available for Windows and Mac and requires two elements:
- A host module on the Windows or Mac computer that requires assistance
- A viewer on the device providing assistance (Windows or Mac)
Before launching a session, the Dashboard performs a viewer check and displays a viewer install prompt if the viewer is not detected on the computer.
Rather than wait on this prompt, you can install the viewer before starting the session:
- Go to Remote Access > Download Remote Background Viewer
- The Dashboard downloads a viewer compatible with your computer's Operating System.
- Unpack and run the installer
Install Viewer to a different location in Windows
By default the viewer installs to the APPDATA folder. To install it to a different location:
- Download the viewer to the device providing assistance
- Open a command prompt on the device and navigate to the location of the downloaded file
- Run the following command to install the viewer in the target folder:
What do you want to do?